St. Lawrence River - The Robert Gaskin Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bison

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I had the chance to start my Northeast dive season in the St. Lawrence River. It is truly among the best fresh water locations out there. The current was ripping this year with the water levels up and the dams open. Here is a one of the wrecks we dove.

Yep, its an old wreck. Some divers have reported the The Vickery is starting to show its age too.

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Did you use any filters on the Gopro? What lighting did you use?

Darrell

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. Did you use any filters on the Gopro? What lighting did you use?

Darrell

Thanks Darrell. I used a GoPro 3+ Black with a green filter and for a light I used the Sea Dragon 2000.

For anyone else reading this, before the specs disappear online:

The Sea Dragon 2000:
  • 6 CREE XML LEDs
  • Output: 2000 Lumens
  • 100° Beam Angle
  • Color Temperature: 5300-5700K
I have the 3+ myself with a Snake River Project (SRP) green filter. I don't remember what light I have with it but your 100° Beam looks pretty good.

For anyone else reading this, before the specs disappear online:

The Sea Dragon 2000:
  • 6 CREE XML LEDs
  • Output: 2000 Lumens
  • 100° Beam Angle
  • Color Temperature: 5300-5700K
I have the 3+ myself with a Snake River Project (SRP) green filter. I don't remember what light I have with it but your 100° Beam looks pretty good.

Thanks Darrel. I'm still new to this underwater videography. I Just came back from Myrtle Beach SC with the finicky Atlantic was kicking up on me at the end of one of my dives and the Atlantic took my Flip filter off my Gopro.

I'm pretty new to the underwater videography as well. I got my GoPro for free with a dive housing and all the connectors. Bought an Intova Action Video Light for it: Action Video Light - Intova and the SRP filters (green and blue water filters). My light is only 640 lumens and 120° Beam Angle. I think I might need something a little brighter.

Haven't used the setup yet. I'm going to start using my camera setup this summer and see what I can capture. So we'll see how things work out.

Next year I'm planning on taking it with me to cenote diving in Mexico. That should be pretty cool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom