St. Lawrence Trip Report 17Aug02 (Long)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike D...I knew I could count on you ...........Thanks for the info....sounds like a fun area to dive.....BTW..Isn't there shore diving around Ivy Lea ???

We've dove off Ivy Lea a couple times. Starting above the bridge you can drop in and follow the contour down under the bridge and come up below the bridge in a small sandy area just below the bridge. Once past the bridge at 90' there is a pretty fair current pulling you out and downstream, but if you stay close to the slope you will be fine. The reason I tried diving there in the first place is because looking at the surface with all the swirling currents I thought the current would be much more powerful, but it wasn't bad at all. There were a few fish on the slope but mostly just tumbled rocks from where they built the bridge. Now if you wanta see a great variety of fish on a shallow (20-30') drift dive....go under the short span on the other side of the bridge.....makes a great one tank dive. GD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom