St. Lucia in early Nov 2003

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EBS

Registered
Reaction score
Honeymooning in St. Lucia in early November 2003. 1/2 of the trip at the Ladera resort and the balance of the trip at one of the Sandals (can't remember which one). Both of us dive and plan to do a few dives that week.

Questions:
1. Water temps?
2. Good dive sites?
3. Any other advice?

You might get a better result by using the search function for St. Lucia and reading up on the previous threads. I stayed up the hill from Anse Chastenet Resort just outside of Soufriere several years ago. I did a dozen or so dives around the Pitons. It was pretty good. Some drift diving. Lost of urchins, lobsters, crabs and pretty good fish variety. The vis was 50-75. I dove with a shortie and was never chilled. The dive op out of Anse Chastanet was very good. Very safety conscious. Everyone stays with the group on drift dives. Also plan on doing a checkout dive on the wall right in front of the resort so they can make sure you know what you are doing. There is one wreck about half way between Castries and Soufriere (Lesleen M.?). It is a small freighter in about 75 feet of water if I remember correctly. You will definitely enjoy St. Lucia diving. Good Luck!

I have just returned from two weeks in St Lucia. I stayed at the Ladera Resort, which was utterly amazing. I did 13 dives with the Scuba St Lucia dive op, based out of the Anse Chastenet resort (very close to Ladera), and also found them to be very professional and safety conscious.

Water temps were about 82.

The best dive sites on the island are clearly those around the Anse Chastenet resort, which lies within a marine reserve, rather than those around the Sandals resorts in the North. I met several people who made the 1-hour + one-way drive from the Sandals down to Anse Chastenet to go diving.

So, go diving at Anse Chastenet while you are staying at the Ladera, and stick to windsurfing / sailing / whatever while at Sandals.

Getting down from Ladera to Anse Chastenet involves a 20-minute taxi ride plus a 10-minute water taxi, but it is fairly pleasant and you get great views. Ladera provides a complimentary shuttle (once a day). At least on one day, I would stay on at Anse Chastenet to see the sunset there. By the way, the snorkeling at Anse Chastenet is also very nice.

The wreck is indeed called the Lesleen M, and is a very nice dive. Google the Scuba St Lucia home page--they have lots of details.

Sandals Dive Sites -

The DH & I honeymooned at Sandals Halcyon the 2nd & part of the 3rd week in July of this year.

Sandal's dive op that services the Regency and Halcyon uses some of the dive sites at the Southern end of the island. All of the dives we did while there were at the southern end; including the reef at Anse Chastenet, Anse Chocion (Sp?), and Lesleen M.

If you do a search, the DH posted a trip report when we got back.

We really enjoyed it. If you like restaurant recommendations for Sandals feel free to PM me.

Enjoy....I wanna go back ;-0 ....

Congrats!
-Christine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom