St. Lucia or Barbados?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no1rookie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am still a relatively new diver with only 16 dives in the Bahamas. But now my wife has gotten the guts to take the introductory course. Assuming that she passes the course and I think she will. Where would be the best place, Barbados or St. Lucia, for her to take her Open Water referal?

A year ago she wouldn't have even tried to put on a mask or fins and now I have gotten her to try to Snorkel. It was her decision to take the course as some dive boats don't allow bubble watchers. She really wants to get certified and be my Buddie. She must really Love me and trust me.

I am still a relatively new diver with only 16 dives in the Bahamas. But now my wife has gotten the guts to take the introductory course. Assuming that she passes the course and I think she will. Where would be the best place, Barbados or St. Lucia, for her to take her Open Water referal?

A year ago she wouldn't have even tried to put on a mask or fins and now I have gotten her to try to Snorkel. It was her decision to take the course as some dive boats don't allow bubble watchers. She really wants to get certified and be my Buddie. She must really Love me and trust me.

Barbados is very nice, it is in the Atlantic, and does not suffer form Hurricanes that often. There are couple of dive ops down there, the one in st. lawence gap was really friendly. They use the hotel pool right outside the shop if she needs a quick refresher and you can have a drink while waiting, that the bar right outside the shop.

The trip to Barbados my require less flight time, some airlines has direct flight for couple of major cities to barbados with no need of a layover, so you do not waste a whole day traveling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom