St. Lucia shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribbean soul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking about St. Lucia for next Jan. Is there any shore diving on that island.
I have been shore diving on Curacao the past 4 years and have been spoiled by it.
Also how does the diving compare.

Thinking about St. Lucia for next Jan. Is there any shore diving on that island.
I have been shore diving on Curacao the past 4 years and have been spoiled by it.
Also how does the diving compare.

There are two shore diving sites in St Lucia; Anse Cochan and Anse Chastenet. I am very Familiar with Anse Cochan, less so with Anse Chastenet. First thing to consider is price. Travel over land is very slow in St Lucia is very slow due to the winding roads thru the volcanic mountains, so you really need to stay at the site you wish to shore dive. At Anse Chastenet, there is Jade Mountain and Anse Chastenet Resort. Check the price...800-1000 dollars a night. Tikaye Village is located at Anse Cochan. About one third to half that price. Personally, I can't say enough good things about Tikaye. Check their website at tikaye.com.

Second the dives. People like Anse Chastenet because of the location. It is across the bay from the Pitons. Beautiful. However the dives at the Pitons are just ok in my opinion. There are two shore dives at Anse Cochan. The Nursery and what I call the North Shore. Also in the middle of the bay is the ship the lesleen m. Both shore dives are only about 40 to 50 feet max. 50 ft would be on the end of the North Shore dive. Nursey is loaded with bait fish, schools of striped grunts, puffers and some sea horses. North shore there are almost always squid, octopus, schooling bait fish, and some barracuda. On both dives the is an abundance of spotted eels.

YouTube - Friends on the Reef- St Lucia

This is a link to one of my videos that give some highlights of all three dives in Anse Cochan. If I can be of more help, let me know.

Hi jcpiota

I am looking at booking a vacation to St Lucia and am planning on staying at The Village Inn and Spa. I am getting mixed reviews on this resort, can you give me some insight?

Thanks in advance,

Sharkbait

Hi jcpiota, I was interested in seeing your videos for Anse Cochan but the above link doesn't work, any way you could share the videos? HEaded for St-Lucia and very interested in shore diving Anse Chastenet and Anse Cochan. Thx in advance,

ylaviolette, this is an old thread from 2010. If you don't get an answer soon, try sending a personal message to jcpiota. A quick look at the profile suggests that user last posted back in 2011.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom