St. Petersburg Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arizona

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone familiar with diving in Western Russia near St. Petersburg? I plan on visiting in June and hope to find something not too far from the city. I know Russia is not exactly tourist friendly so getting some info on how reliable potential dive operators may be would be nice. I will bring my own regs but figure it will be 7m or dry-suit diving. Hopefully a good dive operator is to be found with rental gear. Are the only really good options Lake Ladoga and the Gulf of Finland? How cool to dive during the White Nights!

Thanks,

Arizona

June 2007? You've got a lot of time to find contacts.
Look at www.diveforum.spb.ru
There are at least 5 "dive operators" active in local diving.
Tell me what you are interested in and we'll work out some plan.
Dry-suit might be difficult to rent. Both Ladoga and Gulf of Finland would require dry-suit. You can use 7 or 7+7 mm wet suit but it will shorten your dive.
For diving in White Nights you'd rather go further North. Ladoga and GF have 3 - 6 m visability comparing 20-30 m in White Sea.

Privet George,

My wife speaks fluent Russian so she will help with the Rusky dive forum. The White Sea sounds interesting. Is it easy to get to from St. Petersburg?

Thanks,

Arizona

Privet George,

My wife speaks fluent Russian so she will help with the Rusky dive forum. The White Sea sounds interesting. Is it easy to get to from St. Petersburg?

Thanks,

Arizona

I know this is an old thread but I will be in St. Petersburg in August 2013 and might be interested in sneaking in a dive on a Monday or a Tuesday. I can bring my own kit including dry suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom