St. Thomas recommendation requested.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I totally misplaced where the Wybdham is - I thought it was farther north. I rented a condo that must be next door to the Wyndham and we walked over to Coki with gear once. Paved road and open so no worries about her walking there.

Likely a local gypsy cab will stop and offer her a ride - one brought us back.

so good plan.

She wouldd need a ride to Red Hook from there - it's about 15mins drive..

Mornings the cruise ships run excursions to Coki - they have one of those big snuba floatss with regs hanging off it.

So she may be able to pick up an insta-buddy for dives also.

STDC closed down iirc. I dove with coki dive before and did cow/calf and grass/mingo cay. it was alright, but not as good as bvi.

FWIW, I dove with Aqua Action Dive Center at the Secret Harbour Beach Resort last New Year's week and thought they were fantastic. You can shore dive at the resort (it's decent, but not great), but the better diving is off their boat. All the sites we visited were excellent, and the crew was extremely helpful, especially catering to newer divers. They do get a pretty decent number of cruise ship divers, but I dove with them for 4 days and highly recommend them. I was more experienced than virtually every dive passenger on the boats, so they let me do my thing in view of the group and it was very enjoyable. Very friendly and experienced group over there.

Courtnie (at AADC) is amazing as a DM and works especially well with kids...I would highly recommend talking to her.

Sapphire Beach did have a dive op onsite at one point,
That was DiveIn - they also had a boat across the street - long gone.

+1 For St. Thomas Dive Club! The quality and professionalism for safety is above bar! Plus the convience of walking out the front door, across the sand and to the doc of the boat located close by was great. Bologo Bay is quite and you will almost have your own private bay to relax on after your done. I felt they were very "competent" which is rare in a lot of "give me your money, heres your cert" dive centers.

Umm,
STDC closed down iirc. I dove with coki dive before and did cow/calf and grass/mingo cay. it was alright, but not as good as bvi.

Many years ago we were there for a wedding and stayed at Secret Harbour. The gentleman who ran (owned the shop they were affiliated with) was excellent. Ex-NASA. Our daughter was certified and 16 at the time. He is probably long gone but the overall experience was good. Diving near Cow and Calf mostly. Very rocky entry. I had given up my booties for warm water fins and was jealous of those who had them walking to am from the boat. I know — wimpy!!!
That was Aqua Action. Back in 1978 I worked there a short time for Palmer Williams. Correct about cow and calf nearby. Also ran boat to salt island to dive Rhône wreck among other sites

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom