St Vincent Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaresMan1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just returned from a vacation in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Two weeks of great weather and water. Stayed at Young Island Resort. A little on the expensive side, but a beautiful resort with great people and services.

If you stay there be sure to ask for the mosquito nets for your bed and bring plenty of repellent. The resort is very lush and has no air conditioning, phones or TV, so nature abounds. However the resort and views are magnificent.

Diving with Dive St. Vincent was a joy. Bill Tewes has a great team of instructors/guides that make diving a pleasure. While St. Vincent is known as the critter capital of the Caribbean, it does have it share of bigger stuff.

The reefs are under good care by the team and in great shape. Water is warm with no or mild currents and visibility is 80+ feet. The team is very knowledgeable and very good at finding hidden critters.

The dive sites that stood out to me were Orca II, Hans’ reef, Turtle Bay, Steps, Coral Castle, and Dark Head. On these dives I saw the largest sea horses that I have ever seen.

Eagle rays, Great Grey angel fish, Scorpion fish, Peacock flounder of various sizes, schools of Blue tang and orange chromis, nudibranchs, spiny lobster, a few barracuda, flying gunards, spotted sea snakes and loads of eels in all sizes and colors.

The reefs and walls are beautiful with a kaleidoscope of color and life, with loads of tube, bowl and barrel sponges. There were rope sponges, staghorn coral, sea whips and a great deal more.

This is definitely a place to do relaxing dives and enjoy the beauty of the seas. As soon as I get the picture back, I will post them here. Just hope they come out well.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:mean:

Here are a few pictures that I took from SVG. Thay are not too good but all I have. I think I need to take a photography class :)

Here are a few more pics from SVG

Hey those pictures aren't that bad! Don't be too hard on yourself. I assume that St. Vincent is very similar to St. Lucia. Very jungly and very poor. How did the diving compare to some of the other places you have been?

Tim Ingersoll:
Hey those pictures aren't that bad! Don't be too hard on yourself. I assume that St. Vincent is very similar to St. Lucia. Very jungly and very poor. How did the diving compare to some of the other places you have been?

Thanks for the support. I have a long way to go to compare with some of the pics I have seen on this board. But that's part of the fun. I was never really into taking pics before my land-lubber friends kept asking me for them.

You are correct as SVG is very similar to St. Lucia. A little more jungle and less developed, but a lot of fun. The diving was actually very good with vis about 80 to 100 ft. Very warm water too; 82-88 degF, even down at 80ft. Very nice walls and reefs which was not expected, as all I had ever heard was muck diving. And, there was a good number of large fish and eels. The only dive that I wanted to do but missed, was the Bat Cave Dive. Oh well next time.

Thanks again,
Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

Back
Top Bottom