STA screw quick question (help needed)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Novo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Quick question: which is the order that the following components (image below) go between the STA, wing and backplate?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_141956.jpg
    IMG_20200619_141956.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 81
@David Novo
I don't normally use that second washer.

Replacing the wing nuts and washers makes everything easier and they are less prone to backing out in my experience, especially if you lose the lock washer which is quite easy to do. Also easier on your hands if it is cold. Wing nuts are rough.

You just have the bolt and delrin thumbwheel. Simple and clean. They tighten down nice and tight as well.

IMG_0301.JPEG
IMG_0302.JPEG

Thank you the help so far.

I am planning to thread the cambands (for 61 cm height single tank) on the 2nd and 4th slots to have the first stage (with 5th port) slightly tilted just over the top of my wing. Does that make sense to you?

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_162032.jpg
    IMG_20200619_162032.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 74
@David Novo You want to make sure that the bottom of the tank is lower than the bottom of the wing or you'll get pinch flats. After that, you want the bands to be spread as far as possible for stability.
On a standard length tank, which 61cm is about normal length, you should be able to have them on the top and bottom slots and still get it to where the first stage sits where you want to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom