Stage straps a good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one diving ring bungies trims out well?

Actually, what I wrote was "I have yet to see..." That hardly means no one.

On a separate question, why are the heavy tanks a problem with cord a problem? Stretch?

Again, misinterpretation. Carrying tanks by the stage straps is a bad idea with any size tank. Cords can break, hardware and knots can slip. A solid grasp on the valve is always the best way. And if you drop the tank that way it will likely not hit the ground valve first. Carrying by the cord increases that risk and increases the risk of the valve failing. Tanks being too heavy has nothing to do with the cord.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 04:13 AM ----------

Hey Rob there was an old post with a link to pictures of your setup, here is the old post:

I've made more modifications since these, but the last two photos on this page - http://chipoladivers.com/2011/03/rig-modifications/ - show something similar to what I've done on my Nomad.

The link is broke, do you still have pictures of the setup? Thanks.

I've updated my site since then and had to reload all the blog entries. All the articles are still there but the links are slightly different -Rig Modifications « Rob Neto

Rob, what did you use as a hose for the dump valve modification? I assume it is a rigid material?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dont get staging bands man, theyre a waste of money. Attach a clip with some heavy duty nylon line around the base of the valve, a cam band/buckle with a clip at the base (or you can get one of those aluminum wrap bands from a hardware store- those work great and a lot cheaper). The only thing you will for sure need is bungees for your hoses. I have these ones by Dive Rite and they're great :Dive Rite Hose Retainer Large | Dolphin Scuba Center (make sure you get the right size!). Hope that helps.

Rob, what did you use as a hose for the dump valve modification? I assume it is a rigid material?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sprinkler tubing from Lowes plumbing section.

Back
Top Bottom