Stainless Steel Inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I really like the stainless steel inflators Golem Gear sells. Golem Gear, Inc. - SS Inflator

But, the connecting portion is a slightly different size from the connecting bit on standard inflators. On standard inflators, its 1". On the GG inflator, it's between 3/4" and 7/8". This means that you can't (or at least I haven't been able to) get a good seal using standard 1" wide bore corrugated hosing, like the stuff diverite/divegearexpress sells.

GG sells some corrugated hoses, but the shortest length is 16" (I prefer 11 or 12). And from the website they look like the OMS-style hoses rather than the wide-bore diverite hoses.

Does anyone know where I can find wide-bore corrugated hoses thin enough and small enough to seal onto the GG inflator? Clamps that are the right size to hold the hoses on (I prefer them to zip ties)? Elbows of the same size for wings that come with 1" elbows?

Thanks.

A question and an untested thought. Not having seen one of these inflators, are they any different than the mostly plastic generic inflators besides the stainless button caps (and hose nipple diameter)?

If I have this right, the inflator hose nipple is smaller than most hoses on the market. Have you considered a rubber bushing? Wandering though spares at a good plumbing supply house would probably turn something up that is serviceable and avoid proprietary or non-standard hoses. Multiple wraps of unvulcanized tape may also be satisfactory.

Electrical Tape - Electric Insulating Tapes - 30 Mil Rubber Splicing (#40)

Yes they are different from the mostly plastic generic inflators -- the hose connector is smaller, as I described in my question (that's the reason I asked).

Yes, I have considered bushings, tape, etc. There are a whole slew of reasons that isn't a very good idea -- additional failure points, etc. etc.

Moreover, the hose I'm looking for definitely does exist (I have one I use on another wing, I just can't figure out where I got it, and can't find a matching clamp and elbow).

But, the connecting portion is a slightly different size from the connecting bit on standard inflators. On standard inflators, its 1". On the GG inflator, it's between 3/4" and 7/8".
Thanks.

If it's 13/16", it's probably metric so try:
"Frog"
"DUX"
or,the company that makes them or their suppliers. Or ask "Golem Gear."

Evad - you are absolutely right. Googling revealed that the Golem Gear inflator is a "DUX." I suppose Golem Gear is the importer and rebrands them. And, DUX makes a 340mm corrugated hose, which seems to be the right one.

But, now I can't find a United States distributed for DUX, other than Golem Gear (which doesn't sell the hose). Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Yes, ask Golem Gear. They're the guys trying to sell you the inflator. Maybe they'ed like to faciltate the transaction in some small way.

Oh I already own a bunch of the inflators. You are right again, of course -- this is why I'm posting in the Golem Gear forum!

Oh I already own a bunch of the inflators. You are right again, of course -- this is why I'm posting in the Golem Gear forum!

Sorry. I meant "call them." I generally have no idea what forum I'm in.

Please don't apologize, Evad, you've been very helpful. Hopefully Jakub will see this exchange and reply this week.

The one thing I haven't been able to track down, though, are clamps. I'm not a huge fan of zipties.

I never heard from Golem Gear, but it turns out you can order the hoses directly from DUX.

I'm positive there's someplace in the US that sells compatible hoses, though, because I bought two before. I just can't figure out where I got them...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom