Stainless Steel Loops needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SangP

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm also thinking of making for myself an adjustable harness using 2 inch straps but a lot of the standard stuff use D rings to connect one part of the harness to another but cus of the bend in the rings the second part of the harness is bent in an awkward position.

Other companies use a narrow webbing or stitch a 1" web onto the 2" strap but I'm thinking of using a stainless steel loop instead of a regular D ring to prevent this.

I'm looking for a thicker 2" wide stainless loop like this:
Stainless Steel Loops

I'm also looking for 2" wide stainless steel versions of Strap Adjusters like these:
Plastic Strap Adjusters

Please help.

SangP

Search for ship and boating shops, they may have D-Rings and/or loops.
Some manufacturer ise SS rings, fold both edges of he 2'' webbing inside so you will have a 1'' webbing where the SS ring is.
I have SS Strap Adjusters on my harness: BARNINI TECNOLOGIE AVANZATE - BTA - SOLO CINGHIAGGI SUPER TEC BTA
The single pieces are here: Barnini Tecnologie Avanzate - BTA: Produzione attrezzature per subacquea e nautica - Prodotti BTA - Accessori Jackets
But it's in Italy and i don't know if they ship to Singapore, but he should speak a little english so you may ask.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the great info, I'll go check them out.

SangP

Ouch 60 euros for a ss quick release! Anyone else knows where I get something similar but cheaper :D.

Thanks

SangP

Sang P,
are you looking for something like the "Sidecar" or the "Polygon" on this page?

As for quick release buckels, I have a remote memory of seeing a near-hog harness with a pass through buckle on the shoulder harness serving as QR. Sorry I can't come up with where and when I saw it.

Kaza

super7 & Jim Lapenta,

Many thanks for the great info.

super7, actually I was looking for just a regular rectangular ss loop but the ss polygon looks interesting as it would more closely form to the contours of the body. Please try n remember where you saw the ss qc as that is the one thing that is keeping this project from happening.

Jim Lapenta could you kindly take a photo of the double d qc so I can make one for myself?

Thanks again guys,

SangP

SangP, give me a pat on the head :wink:
I remembered where I saw the pass-thru buckle. It's from Golem Gear, the buckle's right here, and here's the ready-made harness.

I'm sort of wondering why I couldn't come up with the manufacturer straight away:dork:

Kaza

Yes, you do deserve a pat on the back. Say where abouts in Tokyo are you at cus I do pass through Japan once a year?

Cheers,

SangP

Back
Top Bottom