Stainless steel wrapped Teflon hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rddvet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have a good source for this hose in long lengths other than Northeast Scuba Supply?
The hose: 20 Foot Stainless Steel Mixing Hose

I'm looking for a 20ft section for use with oxygen. ( I know a 20ft hose is alot of deadspace for oxygen, but it's what I've got to work with).

I'm having issues with John at NESS. I ordered the hoses over 5 weeks ago, he told me they'd take 3-5 days to make and they'd ship out after that. We emailed back and forth and he would never give me an answer on when I'd get them. Eventually he stopped resonding to my emails and the hoses showed up at my door just over 5 weeks after ordering. Of course, the 20ft one was damaged. It had a bulge and the surrounding stainless steel cord is damaged. I've emailed him but haven't heard back.. I've usually had good success with NESS but after this I'd prefer to buy the replacement hose elsewhere

Seen several similar SS Hoses in Europe that have gone up in smoke. My standard Bauer hoses have not yet gone up in smoke in the last 25 years, and others that use the standard Bauer hoses have had the same success rate.

Michael

They make it at Breathing Air Concepts in Key Largo, which is Quiescience Dive Shop. I’m sorry to hear about John. He continues to be my go to guy for parts and stuff.

Thanks for all of the help. I actually bought that hose from McMaster Carr a few years ago in short lengths and it scared me. I oxygen cleaned it, but there was a lot of junk that I got out of the hose when cleaning it. I always felt I was playing with fire with it, so haven't ordered more from them. It may have been a one time issue.

Not sure what John's deal is. I really didn't bug him a ton. I just emailed him about every 2 weeks asking if he had an eta. Multiple times I had to send several emails because he wouldn't respond. I have no faith at this point that I'll get a timely response on returning the damaged one. It's a shame because I've bought stuff from him in the past with no issue.

Mcmaster does sell "O2 certified" bagged hoses but not in those lengths nor in that pressure rating. All the rest are not blessed to be clean at all. I haven't bought any hoses from them in over a decade though, maybe they switched suppliers.

Is there a reason it needs to be Teflon? Traditional nylon liner is basically the same o2 compatibility.

They make it at Breathing Air Concepts in Key Largo, which is Quiescience Dive Shop. I’m sorry to hear about John. He continues to be my go to guy for parts and stuff.

Breathing air concepts sells to the general public?

ps there are a few hydraulic/aircraft custom companies out there like these

TS2_SMOOTHFLEX_PTFE_Hose
Replacement Oxygen Hose, NPT Fitting (2, 4, 6, 15, 25, 35 ft. lengths) - AERO Specialties

Actual "made for O2" hose is pricey though

Wow that's really pricey

Sure. They are south Florida’s Mako compressor dealer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom