Stainless steel wrapped Teflon hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breathing air concepts can get me the length that I need but they did say that the company they order from is a hydraulics company and that the hoses aren’t oxygen cleaned. They specifically said that the hydraulics company doesn’t use any lubricants in making the hose since it’s a crimp fitting. My thoughts are as long as I clean the ends well it should be ok. But should I be concerned about the inside of the hose itself? It’s the same hose as northeast scuba sells. And I highly doubt that anyone runs oxygen cleaner through the hose. And even if you did it wouldn’t necessarily do much. All of the hoses I’ve gotten thus far were oxygen cleaned by the distributor. This is the first time I’ve had this come up. So do you think as long as I clean the ends I should be good? I can’t imagine NESS does anything special with there’s to ensure they’re oxygen clean inside the hose.

Breathing air concepts can get me the length that I need but they did say that the company they order from is a hydraulics company and that the hoses aren’t oxygen cleaned. They specifically said that the hydraulics company doesn’t use any lubricants in making the hose since it’s a crimp fitting. My thoughts are as long as I clean the ends well it should be ok. But should I be concerned about the inside of the hose itself? It’s the same hose as northeast scuba sells. And I highly doubt that anyone runs oxygen cleaner through the hose. And even if you did it wouldn’t necessarily do much. All of the hoses I’ve gotten thus far were oxygen cleaned by the distributor. This is the first time I’ve had this come up. So do you think as long as I clean the ends I should be good? I can’t imagine NESS does anything special with there’s to ensure they’re oxygen clean inside the hose.
I always cleaned my own. Little blue gold or simple green and clean air.

I always cleaned my own. Little blue gold or simple green and clean air.
I've oxygen cleaned all sorts of things, but somehow I've always managed to buy the hose I need oxygen clean. My thoughts though are is the running oxygen cleaning solution through the hose and blowing it out really make a difference? I wonder how many contaminants it really gets out. I guess it can't really do any harm. I just wonder if it's actually necessary. I guess I'll give it a try.

I've always cleaned my own stuff in simple green and hot water.

Do you flush it through hoses?
I've always used Global's oxygen cleaning solution, but I always scrub and ultrasound parts. With the hose I wonder how much flushing liquid through actually helps if there are contaminants. I would doubt contaminants would easily come off of the inner lining. The other thing I wonder is even with blowing it out with air, how long does the moisture sit in the line and does that lead to other issues.

Years ago when I took my course on vipping and oxygen cleaning, I asked the same questions and got an "i don't know" kind of answer.

Well I used 100% simple green and filled up the hose and swished it back and forth.
Then I ran hot water (120f+) through it before filling the hose up with 100% simple green again.
Then about 5 mins of my hottest water.
After all that I blew out the hose with clean scuba air, 15 or 20cf worth. The force of the air and having the opposite end pointed down will give you a pretty good idea if there's any moisture left.

My hands are pretty much devoid of any oils at that point - so I figure it removed any dust or inadvertent oils (ie from manufacturing or packaging) on the end fittings etc. Would it clean heavy hydraulic oil out? Probably not. So far so good though (that was a long time ago). I would redo it but I rarely partial pressure fill O2.

Back
Top Bottom