Standardized Prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know enough to really comment on the trimix stuff as it is still a few pay grades above my current diving level. I did gain abetter understanding of some of the reasoning behind standard nitrox though. I think some of the benefits become more compelling when looked at from a big picture perspective.

Gabe, We'll chat later about that table to understand what some of the values are.

I chuckled out loud when I read the part about "rigidity and lack of planning versatility" because it demonstrates that you are missing most of the point of the benefit of standardized gases and I am sure any of the students in the last class can elaborate so I won't.
I'm glad I could brighten your morning with some laughter.
Also, you may want to recheck your history with respect to GI3 being "highly involved in GUE".
I'm attaching a link to an exchange of forum postings between GI3 and Andrew Georgitsis that happened in 2005. The topic was the removal of AG from GUE. Maybe I am just too dense and will only further contribute to an evening chuckle this time. The way the writing goes between GI3 and the then recently removed former GUE training director, it does give me a strong impression that GI3 was indeed involved with GUE. Am I wrong?

View attachment AG kicked out of GUE.pdf

I'm glad I could brighten your morning with some laughter.I'm attaching a link to an exchange of forum postings between GI3 and Andrew Georgitsis that happened in 2005. The topic was the removal of AG from GUE. Maybe I am just too dense and will only further contribute to an evening chuckle this time. The way the writing goes between GI3 and the then recently removed former GUE training director, it does give me a strong impression that GI3 was indeed involved with GUE. Am I wrong?

I remember that exchange, back when the internet could be entertaining.

George and Andrew never got along so this was just George piling on after GUE decided to give Andrew the boot. Before that George more or less held his tongue about Andrew, probably out of respect for the position AG held in GUE. George was never really involved with GUE.

Looks like Trey called out some BS, and GUE agreed (at least to my eyes), or maybe the other way around.

GI3 may have never held a formal GUE position, but it would be hard to deny that he did have a good degree of influence. So allow me to rephrase my original statement, "GI3 was highly involved in WKPP, DIR, and exerted a good degree of influence in GUE"

When I Google "GUE standard gases" right now the first hit I get is a page on the official gue website that has a document co-written by GI3.

https://www.globalunderwaterexplorers.org/node/576

BTW, from my external point of view I like the approach in this document better. It calls for a min helium and max O2 contents giving you a little more flexibility than a specifically dictated standard mix (21/35, 18/45).

That page reflects the WKPP standard gases and is a little out of date.

Current gases can be found here WKPP – Approved Gases | WKPP

While the WKPP and GUE have many similarities and a shared history, do not confuse what the WKPP does with what GUE teaches.

Just out of curiousity as a drysuit noob, what are the dangers/disadvantages of locating the dump valve on the wrist?

That page reflects the WKPP standard gases and is a little out of date.

Current gases can be found here WKPP – Approved Gases | WKPP

While the WKPP and GUE have many similarities and a shared history, do not confuse what the WKPP does with what GUE teaches.
Point taken. The outdated one says something similar on its first sentence. What I wanted to highlight is that even Google seems to think that GI3 was indeed involved in GUE and the use of GUE std gases based on documents currently published in GUEs website. And yet the same GI3 at one point in history was writing articles about how to use frankenmix when access to better mixes was severely limited.

Just out of curiousity as a drysuit noob, what are the dangers/disadvantages of locating the dump valve on the wrist?
I would also be interested in reading more about this. I have two drysuits, one with shoulder dump and one with wrist dump. I cannot tell which one has tried to kill me more than the other.

Google doesn't think. It gives you pages that match your search criteria.

Youre the one "thinking" it means something that it actually doesn't. The first line is "Wkpp approved gases". It's crystal clear...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom