Starting Divemaster training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats. What shop are you working with?

I have been working on DM in between all the fun of owning my own very new plumbing company and playing hockey on four different teams, so it's been slow. Almost done though!!

2 funny things happened while I was working on my skills demonstrations. I almost drowned my instructor because he was laughing too hard on the first one!

i was trying to ask him (underwater of course!) what the hand signal was for the skill I was demonstrating. I pointed to my hand and waved it at him...figuring it would look like "hand signal??" to him. What I failed to realize was that I was pointing to my thumb & index finger that were making a circle...so it looked like I was signaling "fornicate??" ( You get the idea!) instead of "hand signals??" He laughed pretty hard at me there!!

Second time I made him laugh was when I was demonstrating taking off my gear & putting it back on. Instead of having my right knee up and my left leg back, I had it the other way. When I removed my gear & swung it around & put the tank on my knee, I ripped the regulator out of the mouthpiece. I didn't even realize it until I breathed out and went to take a breath. Oops!! I'm kneeling with my gear off and just the mouthpiece in my mouth. He gave me his octo, input my gear back on and then got my octo. I guess not panicking made it a passing score!

All I need to do now is lead a dive and take the written test and I'll be done! Woo!

And I thought I was the only one who had problems taking the unit off & on.

Back
Top Bottom