Starting your Gear Collection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just start a crack habit. It will be cheaper in the long run and less addictive too....you've been warned. Consider this an intervention before the intervention...

hahahahahahaha!

All excellent advice! But the otherside of the coin is that you find some excellent gear early on and it lasts you for ages and ages. Eventually, if you are more like me than many of the others in this thread, you'll love your reg so much that you fear having to replace it before you're too old to dive it anymore. I've replaced my bcd once with the 3rd time coming PDQ. I've replaced my fins 3 times, I have seven or more wetsuits and have gone through many booties. As a vacation and warm water diver (gave up the cold diving early on), I've managed to keep my big items purchases within reason but now let's talk about what really depletes my finances.

I am physically and emotionally addicted 2 scuba diving. Since I live in a cold landlocked place most of the year and no longer cold water dive, my money goes to long vacations at warm water destinations.

Oh, gosh and then there's the computers!! I've replaced many computers.
And luggage, good luggage for holding all my gear,wetsuits and a couple of months worth of clothes and supplies of various sort.

Too bad about me turning against cold water diving. Becoming techie with all the gear and duplicates of gear and tanks and trucks to haul it, would have been cheaper.

So, ya, huge money pit and worth every penny. I hope to remember that when I'm huddled in my cardboard box hoping no one steals my shopping cart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom