Status of Silicone Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know...we are really working hard on these. They will be very different and worth the wait!

So can I get a set (neck and wrist) in silicone for my TLS350? I cant seem to find anything on the site, only thing offered seems to be latex...I would love to get the silicone seals as I would like to extend my replacement interval those parts. Its a bad day when you get in the water and notice an "extra" stream of bubbles not to mention the introduction of water into my drysuit..not a common occurrence as I check my gear very often but Murphy is always lurking.

Thx.

I've gone through two sets of latex in 2 months........I'm waiting on the silicone seals before I send in my order for a custom suit........."come on seals, daddy needs a new suit...".

We have been beta testing DUIsilicone wrist ZipSeals for the last three months with great success. We arewaiting on samples of a final formulation. If everything goes as expected, weshould have these available for sale in 60-90 days. We are also expecting ourfirst samples of silicone neck ZipSeals using the same design changes andformulations of the wrist.

We greatly appreciate the patienceour DUI Owners have shown. While DUI's silicone seals are notably more durablethan anything else on the market, the true innovation comes from the ZipRingdesign and combining the right silicone formulation and durometer to make asecure lock with the existing ZipRing on the drysuit. The technologies used tocreate the silicone seals are not the same as polyurethane. The materials reactdifferently requiring new designs and molds and the testing of multipleformulations of silicone. It's a "trial and error" process. We willrelease these seals when, and only when, we know they are ready.

We will keep our divers updated onour progress on the DUI website and Facebook page.

looking forward to this! Gonna put the dry gloves in silicone too? I just sliced a glove on some zebra mussles last week and am not super confident that the repair will hold - and - I hate wet hands!

Great news! Sounds like silicone neck seals are really going to happen! :clapping:

Anybody working on the zipper? No leaks even after lots of use, plain white hydrocarbon wax is all I need to keep the teeth great, but the edges are fuzzing down (yes, I carefully trim and flame polish) to where I'm going to have to replace a working zipper...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom