Stavanger and Oslo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arkman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm heading to Stavanger July 28th and then over to Oslo on Aug 6th. We head back to the states on the 11th. I'd love to try and sneak in a dive or two while I'm there. I'm a cold water diver and dry suit certified, but I won't be brining my own equipment.

While visiting the Stavanger area we'll be staying over in Høle, but often heading to Stavanger and Sadnes to visit family. We haven't decided where to stay in Olso yet, but we also have family there.

I am not really that picky about what kind of dive I do, I mostly just want to say I was able to dive there. If at all possible I'd like to dive a wreck, but again, I'm not picky.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I"ve read some old post, but thought I'd see if anyone has and specific suggestions. Thanks!

Will you bring a drysuit at least? Or nothing at all? Tanks should be pretty easy to get, and you can probably rent bpw/bcd, regs and fins. Maybe even a mask. Not sure about drysuit rentals. Wetsuit is fine for a short shallow dive in august, but I wouldn't recommend it for a deeper dive.

Drøbak Undervannsklubb is probably the most active dive club in the country, they do boat dives from the club house 2-3x/week, a 30 min drive from Oslo. Dive site changes day to day, but there is a bow of a wreck lying at 25-30m (DS Edith) that is visited quite frequently as the area is also pretty nice with a decent amount of life. There is also a dive shop (Prodykk) on a pier at Nesodden, open for shore diving Tuesday evening, with a couple of wrecks close to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom