Stay Away from Florida Keys Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well almost 40 posts and several days later, the original poster "has not been seen again".
He originally started at least 2 threads to bash his experience with this dive op.

I call these type posters "Seagull Posters".

Why? because they fly in from no where, make a lot of noise, crap all over the place, and they fly off not to be seen again .....

I wanted to wait a few days to view the broad spectrum of comments. It is obvious the jerk from FKDC was the first one to comment on this post.
Again, I showed up more than an hour before the boat left the dock, there may have been 3 or 4 customers at the shop total, with zero line at the fill station. I paid for fills from the shop. I don't see any problem with asking to use a pressure gauge to check the tank when I am the only one standing there. I was not going to 'walk away' with the gauge, I wasn't preventing the idiot employee from doing anything in the least. He was standing next to the fill station right next to my tank, which he had filled a few minutes prior.
Is it unreasonable to ask to use the shops gauge to take 30 seconds to check my tank? No it is not unreasonable.
If the employee was even remotely busy or there was a line or if I had my reg with me (not packed on the boat) I wouldn't have asked.
Point of this post is that people dive for fun, they pay money to go diving to have fun, they expect to have fun, or at least not be yelled at by a moron employee.
If you go into any business and are treated rudely the solution is simple, you don't go back. You let other people know the situation and let them decide for themselves.

As far as the 25 diver situation, yes I have learned to use a six pack dive op and not a cattle car. If there are two boats available it seems logical to utilize both boats and allow customers to not be packed like sardines, but that is just my opinion. I understand there is a cost associated with running a second boat. I also understand that the short term (tips) and long term (repeat customers) will greatly improve the bottom line for the crew and business when customers are happy.

In closing, I am not gunning for FYDC. I have never spoke poorly of any other dive operation despite the fact that I've dove with dozens of other operations. What I am doing is explaining the situation that I encountered and provided that information to anyone that may use FYDC.

It is obvious the jerk from FKDC was the first one to comment on this post.

It's obvious that you do not know what you are talking about.

He may not log on every day, or - maybe he just saw that he lost early and shut up...?

I was only going to post one last time but this brilliant comment deserves a response. It is obvious by your comment that you some how feel that you (the employee) are in competition with me (the customer). This is not a win or lose situation, there is only information provided. I've made my decision regarding this dive op. I can not / will not decide what other divers will do. My goal was to share information with fellow divers, and I have accomplished this.

I was only going to post one last time but this brilliant comment deserves a response. It is obvious by your comment that you some how feel that you (the employee) are in competition with me (the customer). This is not a win or lose situation, there is only information provided. I've made my decision regarding this dive op. I can not / will not decide what other divers will do. My goal was to share information with fellow divers, and I have accomplished this.

Oh, thats freakin funny!
Moonlighting as a dive shop employee in Florida are you Dandy Don?
OMG! So funny!

Don went pro and nobody knew!

If you go into any business and are treated rudely the solution is simple, you don't go back. You let other people know the situation and let them decide for themselves.

Yes, this is true, but posting a statement to "Stay Away from Florida Keys Dive Center" is considerably different than, "I will never use Florida Keys Dive Center"

One is saying, "I had a bad experience, use caution" the other is saying, "This place is always bad, and they are bad business people, do whatever you can do to avoid them at all costs"

So if you are (as you say) not gunning for them, then what were you hoping to accomplish?

Comments like this
I wasn't preventing the idiot employee
also won't win you any fans here.

If you wanted to share your bad experience, that's one thing... But your rant, is fairly extreme... As many people have said. You are commenting on the state of a busy dive center on a busy weekend. It doesn't sound like you're being fair in your evaluation. It also sounds like you didn't choose wisely as to whom you wanted to dive with, since it sounds like you prefer smaller groups, and it shows on their website that they have 2 giant Newton dive boats.

It is obvious the jerk from FKDC was the first one to comment on this post.

This is highly inflammatory, and as far as I can tell, nobody from FLKYs has responded to this thread. Can you blame them?

Don went pro and nobody knew!

One heck of a commute I'd say!

Actually, it's me. I'm the bad dive shop employee. I drive down from NJ everyday. The commute is why you aggrevated me so much. I mean after driving 1250 miles I just dont feel like loaning my pressure gauge out, ya know?

By showing up at a dive op at 7:30am prior to other customers arriving I do not see the relevance to it being a holiday weekend. This would surely matter at 8:30 or 9 once other customers showed up at the dive op.

Again I say Boooo to the OP :eek:hbrother::eek:hbrother:
More Whine and cheese please :coke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom