Stay Away From SeaLife Products...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can testify that SeaLife Joe was able to get an issue I was having with one of their products resolved satisfactorily.

I share your sentiments about Sea Life and Joe.....I had a problem...contacted Sea Life by email and received a prompt response and totally satisfactory solution to my problem....in fact Sea Life went above and beyond the warranty to help me. They were great ....

My DC600 flooded at St. Lucia diving at 60fsw. I surfaced as soon as I saw the droplets. Later when home I sent the camera/housing to Sealife with the explanation of the dive and how I loaded the camera. I did not email, I simply followed the warranty claim process.
Approximately 2 weeks later I recieved my first email from them saying they received it and will be in contact with me later. 3 weeks later I received an email saying I have a new camera coming. One day later it was at my door. I still think they they have a depot in my backkyard to get it here that fast.
My point is the internet creates impatience, I have had to learn to jet down when I have issues with gear. I am not special, others have them also. I would think that these companies are hard pressed to answer back as fast as we want them to. Does anyone remember snail-mail and the phone calls that never seemed to get off hold? As DD said we need to give these gear suppliers ample time time reply upto 2 weeks is not a bad return of email to me.
I do believe your issue will be resolved and not due to your angry thread here but due to Sealifes' good response to defective goods. I do feel your pain at being disturbed with the faulty camera, I have had issues with dive gear and I want it fixed now. My wife says I have the patience of our dog looking at the steak on our table, none when we are out of the room.

Years ago I was diving in Bonaire and had several problems with the Sealife DC500. The strobe flash was inconsistent and the housing broke where the wide angle lens was attached. The camera didn't flood and a local camera repairman repaired housing. When I got home I shipped it off to Sealife to check the housing repair and address the flash problem. They were wonderful. Not only did they solve the strobe flash problem and OK the housing repair, they sent along an extra camera battery and strobe diffuser for free. Great customer service! I hope they do as well for you.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

First, I am in the U.S. so I can't speak for those out of the country. However, I had an issue with a flash on the DC500 I had. SeaLife went beyond my expectations to fix it. Bought a DC800, recently had an issue and once again SeaLife went beyond my expectations and continue to keep me a happy customer. Give them time and understanding and I am positive they will fix the problem. They are a great company, just give them a chance.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents...

First, I am in the U.S. so I can't speak for those out of the country. However, I had an issue with a flash on the DC500 I had. SeaLife went beyond my expectations to fix it. Bought a DC800, recently had an issue and once again SeaLife went beyond my expectations and continue to keep me a happy customer. Give them time and understanding and I am positive they will fix the problem. They are a great company, just give them a chance.
this too has consistantly been my experience. They are serious about customer support and should serve as a model for other companies.

My experience with SeaLife has been FANTASTIC, the customer service is prompt and they even replaced a flash strobe head unit with a brand new one after I experienced some issues with the connectors.

I love my camera and strobes and the customer service is worth every cent i paid for the equipment!

well done guys!

Thanks to all the kind words from everyone and there may be times when we can't make it all right but we continue to strive for the best in customer service and value everyones comments.

Joe

Did the OP's issues ever get resolved to his satisfaction? Just curious considering he seemed to have some serious and delayed issues.

I have not heard from him again and I had put him in direct contact with the new distributors for Italy so i am assuming all was taken care of.

Good to hear. Thanks for the reply Joe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom