Staying Alive...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did order the paper version and ended up having to pay $11.50 cash on collecting. A total rip-off by the shipping company, especially if shipping has been paid for already and the duty is $1.50. I know it is small change in the grand scheme of things but it is a question of principle.

Yeah, that is a rip-off. When I order books myself, the duty adds a fair amount to my charges.

For the first couple of printings of my first book, I fulfilled orders myself... wrapping copies up, driving to the post office in the local village, and sending them on their way. Worked OK for Canadian customers, lousy for overseas (MANY books went AWOL) reasonably ok for US customers. Perhaps I should think about sending to Canadian buyers direct. Not sure it would work out much cheaper but from a PR point of view, it might be an improvement.

HOPE after all this, you enjoy it!

I ordered 1 6 skills and 2 risk management and amazon seems to have lost my books. A week over due and no word yet.

Sorry to hear that... not sure there's much I can do but if you PM me your order number and I can check.

Look forward to reading your latest book.

What an interesting title..."STAYING ALIVE"

SDM

Early in AM - not awake watching deer across the arroyo and the wife hurrying me to get ready for an appointment...Mistrakes do Happpen!

SDM

Last edited:
I ordered 1 6 skills and 2 risk management and amazon seems to have lost my books. A week over due and no word yet.

IMO amazon is pretty good at resolving issues though, just wait out the allotted delivery timeframe then contact them

Look forward to reading your latest book.

What an interesting title..."Slaying Alive"

SDM

Staying, sam... not Slaying! LOL

I have to stop binge-watching whole seasons of Game of Thrones. The Steve avatar pic looks a LOT like one of the Lannisters. The next book might be Flaying Alive.

"I believe less algebra is better than a jam doughnut."

Steve actually uses this line in a really helpful section on avoiding gas toxicity. If you want to see how, go to page 93 (of the paperback). :D

Finally got around to reading this book. Definitely would recommended it to anyone who dives regardless of their skill level or experience. I learned quite a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom