Stella Pro Lights!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
So I was catching up on PodDiver radio POD DIVER RADIO: The Scubacast and listened to a podcast about these amazing new lights.
http://www.lightandmotion.com/landing/broadcast?kid=6A2JP
I have owned everything from the old OMS halogen shark beaters to L4M, Salvo, Light Monkey 50w, Sola 2000, DR 24w, and even an Edge Wasp. I have given up on HID because as a solo diver I can be pretty hard on my gear during ingress/ egress and was tired or buying new bulbs. Plus its nice to power down and then right back on if needed. Im already task loaded in the water and am OCD about streamlining myself and am over the can light cord. However the problem with the all in ones is they are either way to heavy or too short of battery life. I fly what I call a "DUV" (diver utility vehicle) that consists of a Genesis 1500, (2) 72s for B/O, an SLR, and a GoPro. Its balanced perfectly but adding lights can definitely throw it off.
Enter the new Stella Pro lights. I am freakin stoked. They recharge in under 2 hours. Can be used above and below water. And best yet can be powered by an external source. So for long dives I can plug it into my DPV to extend the run time. Dream come true. There are also lots off accessories like 50 deg diffuser and barn doors. No word yet on in water weight but based on past L&M lights I think it will be manageable. After watching "The Pit" video of the Add Helium Teams cave exploration I was getting an itchy trigger finger for a Keldan but I'm going to hold out for a Stella now.
Check um out with the link above. You can sign up for a chance to get $100 off a light. No purchase necessary. And I'll get $100 off for every 5 people who register. Full disclosure of course:wink:
I really think these lights could be game changing especially if you also use top side lighting. Well done Light and Motion. Very excited to get one in my hands!

I too agree totally about the fragile of HID Lighting. Oy vey.

We will be using Light & Motion Lighting both above and below the water on Projecto Azores. If anybody has more questions about the new Stella Lights you can email Hedi at Light & Motion. hhall@lightandmotion.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom