Stick on reading lenses for dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy g

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wanting to get some of these to stick onto my mask for reading my watch and computer. 47 yo and the eyes just aren't what they used to be.

Does anyone have a connection for these stick on reading lens's that you can put inside a dive mask?

And yes I googled it but was wanting opionions from SBers.

Are you talking about the Dive Optix? I have used them and have never been successful in keeping them in my mask for very long. I think the record was about twenty dives or so -- and as expensive as they are, by the time you've replaced them a couple of times, you could have permanent bifocal inserts put in, and a lot less aggravation.

I tried them once and they were a waste of money on my part. I went to a prescription lense with bi-focal on one side and that has worked out OK for four years now. They cost about $125 if I remember correctly.

I have a prescription dive mask and it works great.

A couple of other ideas to consider are:

Awaps bungeed dollar store magnifying glass. The Master attached a small magnifying glass to his hp hose near the SPG.

And here’s a trick an Old Mossback I used to dive with used. He took a piece of black electrical tape, poked a small pinhole in it, and taped it to the outside of his mask in the lower left corner to use the pinhole effect to read his gauges. It worked for him, but as I’m just now nearing that period in my life where I might be able to personally verify it’s worth, I'm not there just yet. However, I would be interested to hear if others have tried this with any success.

c

Optix works for me.... I don't get to dive as much as some here but they've been on for a year now. I try not to rub them directly. I spit, rub lightly and rinse .

Ditto on what everyone else is saying.

I even put a dot of super glue on each corner of the optix. That worked for a while. My bifocal inserts from Prescription Dive Masks was worth every penny. I can even see the little marks on my camera's case to reset things.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom