Sticky inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artw

Reaction score
I am having a hard time finding clear information on how to clean and maintain an apex drysuit inflator, non swivel. It was sticky on my last dive. I didnt see anything on the manuf's website. I found this thread on a search here but didnt really answer my question.

My next step is to look around at lds's. I'd rather do it myself unless I need to buy parts. I could also phone Apeks. but I'd like anyones suggestions first.

thanks.
Art

I think I just answered the same Q on thedecostop.

Anyhow, you just remove the nut from the valve, pry off the circlip on the bottom and the stem button and spring goes flying across the room.

Done a few different valves so some of this may be slightly different but they are more or less the same.

Look on the inside of the dry suit and you'll find a plate that screws off the back of the valve. There is a pin connecting the button on the front through the valve to the back. Its held in pace by one (possibly two) C shaped pins. Prise these off with a screwdriver or spoon by pressing them where the break in the C shape is. Then press on the pin to push the button out on the outside. There should be a spring there. Thats it.

Stretch the spring a good bit. It is the spring that provides the pressure to stop the valve sticking.

Simple enough.

If you valve is sticking keep the next few dives shallow until you make sure the valve is not going to stick open at the wrong time :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom