Still a Champion of the Seas or just the latest Sellout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carnival in general is not an outfit I would want to associate with as an environmentalist, unless it was as their parole officer. I've done three jobs for them in my career and at the end of each one we made sure we documented everything and didn't pull punches on the assessments we provided. In the two cases where we were assessing impacts after the fact we submitted recommendations for remedial action that were not followed through; suffice to say the recent court case in Miami did not surprise me.

Here's JMC's latest statement but his position still isn't clear IMO

Cousteau: Port decision must be based on best science | Cayman Compass

Does this imply that he is unsure of what the “best science “ would say about this? I really want to give the man the benefit of doubt here as comments by @drbill make me want to see him in a positive light. Unfortunately living in Florida, i am very aware of the low reputation of Carnival and the words of @HalcyonDaze ring very true. Just seems like wanting your cake and eating it too.

"The change of heart comes after he appears to have signed a lucrative deal with Carnival Corporation, one of two cruise lines that are part of the group selected by government to build the controversial dock. The renowned ocean explorer will be providing the cruise line with environmental advice."

Well, now that we know he sucks, I wonder if he swallows.

That's going to get me in trouble but someone had to say it.

For JMC, thats the difference between eating hot dogs on last weeks bread and eating fresh fish cooked to perfection with good veggies and a fresh salad accompanied by a good bottle of wine and followed by a double expresso. Sitting down doesn't even hurt all that much after the first couple ot times.

"Principles? Why Principles, I now have Money!"

Michael

Here's JMC's latest statement but his position still isn't clear IMO

Cousteau: Port decision must be based on best science | Cayman Compass
Hmmm...if he is being honest in this statement:

"For me, it is a moral issue and I cannot passively observe the destruction of our water planet and its beautiful natural resources, our global heritage."

How could he not take a stance against the cruise pier which will absolutely destroy part of the curent mariine habitat/reefs in Grand Cayman? The new plan might be "better" than the old one, but no pier plan will be beneficial to the local marine environmant. This certainly makes him look bad given his new "relationship" with Carnival - at least to me it does...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom