Still waiting for my instructor card...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkathecow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Mallorca - Illetas - balearic islands spain
I have been thinking about it more and more, but i really don't know what to do.

I have taken a class here in spain with a french Instructor Trainer of TDI in december 2007, 4 months ago, to be able to teach :
- nitrox
- advanced nitrox
- decompression procedures

I have paid my fees for the year and the certification fees for the 3 certifications. After having not had any news during approx 2 months from TDI, i asked my IT what was wrong, he checked with TDI France, then checked that it had gone to TDI Spain and that my certs were going to be sent to TDI US.

The latest news was 2 months ago after my complaining, and was that i wasn't entitled to be certified for the 3 classes, and that i had to choose 2 of the 3 classes for teaching...

2 months later... well guess what, still no certification cards as instructor, no news whatsoever from TDI who has all my details with email and information that went on my instructor application, but well, my fees for 1 year are already 1/3 gone and i'm really getting annoyed with it :).

I am not the one to complain for a while, i waited 1-2 months no worries, processing, accepting the certs, Xmas period, winter time... whatever... i could take it, but now with 4 months i am really finding it very very long and not really very acceptable.

I have recontacted my IT again for him to look into it, and i think he is not really getting the answers either...

Is anyone from TDI headquarters somewhere on this board to help me solve my problem ? what can we do to deal with this inacceptable delay... i have already lost 10 potential customers who wanted a TDI class because they went to the competition... obviously planning classes and setting a season business starts early... and i wasn't expecting to have to refuse students for nitrox and advanced nitrox (as i couldn't be certified for the 3...) because of paperwork delay.

Thanks for getting in contact with me please, and keeping me posted if you have anything to help me out :).

regards,
Olivier Borgognon

Dear Olivier:

Good to talk with you on the phone... hope things are a bit clearer now and that we get this sorted out quickly.

Hi steve,

thanks for such a prompt reply and for our prior phone communication on the topic. I'll send you everything discussed and let's continue through HQ.

thanks again for such a prompt reply... greatly appreciated on the matter.

kind regards,
Olivier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom