Stinko de Mayo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
With yet another storm heading our way this weekend Kevin Lee and I took advantage of calm seas today for two dives. We had the worst visibility I've seen in a long time.

We dived a new reef near Christmas Tree Cove only to find night dive conditions on the bottom and very low visibility. It might be a nice reef but it will have to wait for a better day.

We dropped on Golf Ball Reef next where the dirty green surface water extended to the sand. Maybe 2018 will be the year to dive in SoCal.

Photos at Latest SoCal Dives

Quit bragging! With the crappy conditions we've had for a while, I can barely see my gauges and you get photos like this! The surge has been so bad if I got close enough to see anything in your pictures I would have smashed in to them while looking

With yet another storm heading our way this weekend Kevin Lee and I took advantage of calm seas today for two dives. We had the worst visibility I've seen in a long time.

We dived a new reef near Christmas Tree Cove only to find night dive conditions on the bottom and very low visibility. It might be a nice reef but it will have to wait for a better day.

We dropped on Golf Ball Reef next where the dirty green surface water extended to the sand. Maybe 2018 will be the year to dive in SoCal.

Photos at Latest SoCal Dives
Nice pics as usual. Given the conditions, it just speaks to your great photog skills.

I miss my wide angle lens. It's collecting dust. I had to get my port within two inches for most of those shots. As Geoff W said I had to be extra careful to not get pushed into them. The only good part of the diving yesterday was there was no surge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom