Stolen Full set of gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pressurehead

Without risk, you earn nothing. OK?
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Sold a set of gear on ebay, packed it up and sent by courier to another state [Australia].
The courier site said it arrived then it did not and we are looking for it, took weeks and not found.
Insured for for one third the cost which I received back [with postage cost] after a long process , no phone number, email only, still out of pocket $870, not happy!!
Aqualung BCD, Aqualung balanced regulator first and 2 2nds [never like it , prefer my Mk25 s600 s] 2 sets of fins, 2 masks, boots, summer wet suit and hood, i300 computer , Atmos dive computer [never liked it only kept the transmitter] , dive bag and the list goes on.
You know the saying: Do something good and you tell 5 people, do something bad and you will tell more than 20 [and counting].
Pi$$ed off.

Who stole? Courier? Purchaser?

Who stole? Courier? Purchaser?
Unknown, purchaser said it never arrived [I found his mobile number on the courier shipping invoice] he sounded genuine [you never know though], the courier service said they found it then ! Then said they could not deliver it, then lost again.
Best guess is the driver or in the transit area for the courier.

Sorry to hear about the loss.

Chilly - since money was obtained from the shipping insurance, sounds like it was blamed on the carrier.

An unfortunate choice not taking out enough insurance and a lesson to all of us who are considering it. While shipping companies have a mostly good (in the USA anyway) track record, not sure that is something to count on.

Not directly related to the OP’s situation, but I sometimes wonder why there’s not more fraud with buyers saying they received a box of rocks - although, in a similar situation, some Amazon sellers tried the other side of that scam recently.

This reminds me of a similar case I had shipping a laptop to a friend of mine who was living in Australia. He was a Padi instructor, but he had lost his job.
So I did buy some stuff for him and shipped.
While the other stuff arrived, the laptop was lost in circumstances very similar to your case.
In my case I had no insurance at all...
One month later I managed to travel to Australia and meet my friend, and only then I discovered that the laptop was not among the goods he received.
I could not afford to buy him another new one (it was a top notch Dell), so I did leave him my old, used one.
It still burns me how that laptop was lost by the courier...

OMG, my gear turned up today by another courier WTF, all as I packed it, labels still in place .
It went 1,200 Km each way, mailed 19 Oct 2020, returned 5 Jan 2021.
And there I was thinking the world is full of 'crooks'.:thumb:

OMG, my gear turned up today by another courier WTF, all as I packed it, labels still in place .
It went 1,200 Km each way, mailed 19 Oct 2020, returned 5 Jan 2021.
And there I was thinking the world is full of 'crooks'.:thumb:

That is some great news!

I will now keep the Aqualung [core] and the two 2nd stages, it's the only balanced diaphragm regulator I own now. [because I can, no other reason].

did you get to keep the money though! i guess thats compensation for all the effort you put in trying to find it :p

cat.gif

Back
Top Bottom