Stoney Cove 15/09/02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belushi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Me and Scubababy are going to be in the bottom Carpark of Stoney Cove on 15/9/02 if anyone wants to say hello

We will be driving a Silver Y reg Mondeo LX.
We are driving up this afternoon and getting wet on Sunday morning. First time in open water for 2 years, and first time using a dry suit in three.

But got to get ready for Gozo on 1st October.

This may sound like a daft question but I'm a Newby so please forgive me. You say you are trying out a dry suit in Stoney Cove and you are going to Gozo, The two aren't connected are they ?

I'm hopefully heading to Malta a little later in the month and am hoping the water there is warm enough for a wetsuit

Conor

Dont stress!
Belushi's a big woose when it comes to water that may be below boiling!

We've persuaded him out of the drysuit and into a semi for Gozo. At the moment water temp. is around 26 degrees - so you really dont have to worry. A wetsuit will do you just fine!

Belushi got a free drysuit off of the people making his as they messed up so he wanted to go play!!!

We went to stoney to check all our gears still in working order and try and wash off the dust!!!!! :D

Although......I'll admitt.....we travelled all the way up there and I didnt get wet.....water temp of 11 with vis. of 6 going down to 2 metres....not my kind of diving I'm afraid!

Anyway - dont worry about Malta....you should be fine !! :) Hope you have a great time...dont forget to tell us what it was all like !

you had 2m vis at Stoney and didn't get wet - now who's the woose?!

I always dive dry at Stoney - no matter what the temperature, must have been cold in the UK this year as this time of year should be about the warmest and I am sure in the past I have seen it up to 14.....

Looking forward to blowing the dust and cobwebs away myself this weekend, it's been about 6 weeks and the webbing is disappearing!

Thanks for clearing that up ScubaBaby, I was beginning to wonder. It looks like you'll probably be back from Gozo before we head off so I hope you'll get the chance to give us some tips before we go ourselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom