http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop the Sea Shepherd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im sorry but I would rather eat whale.....:vomit: and that ain't happening.

I'm in full support of SeaShepherd due to that they are the only ones really doing something about the whaling issue. You can see this year that they are very effective in crippling the whaling fleet. I do however also support the efforts of e.g. Greenpeace in trying to educate the japanese public of the general problem.

Also it is octopuses or octopodes, not octopi.

You are quite opinionated and uninformed about too many issues to even start to address individually.

Not the least of which.....

Octopuses? Octopi? Octopodes? - Boing Boing

The Oxford English Dictionary (2008 Draft Revision)[35] lists octopuses, octopi and octopodes (in that order);

Making sense is not a requirement for international treaties

Japanese whaling is currently conducted by the Institute of Cetacean Research. The meat from scientific whale hunts is then sold in shops and restaurants.[1] This is allowed under IWC rules, although most IWC members oppose it.[2]

OMG!
So, you really think that research is the PRIMARY motive here? Oh, you are so naive! Whale meat is the goal, research is the ruse they use to hunt.

When asked about the dolphin slaughter in Japan which provides dangerously toxic meat to school children (the few people who are even served dolphin meat) one of the fisherman said that they only do it because it is their "culture". He even admitted no one really wants the meat.

REALLY?? REALLY??

Back
Top Bottom