Stop webbing from shifting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if there is a sharp edge in the slots, take a file to it and smooth it off....

Actually, M-Camerons photo shows the tri-glide AFTER the weight pocket, not on the back of the plate.

i have a triglide in both locations.

on the back of the plate i have black non-serrated triglides
and for the weight pockets im using stainless serrated triglides.

Any issue with not having the anti-chafing material? If I put the keeper there, the material won't go over it...

i dont think youll have too much issue if you skip antichafing.....its more for piece of mind, but i would inspect it regularly.

however, in the images i posted, i have anti-chafing running through the triglide (non serrated)....fits without issue.

Any issue with not having the anti-chafing material? If I put the keeper there, the material won't go over it...

Which material won't go over? Most plates don't have any anti-chafing material there. The one pictured is from Deep Sea Supply and that grommet also keeps it from sliding with an extra bit of rubber in there.

The weight pockets are a bit more complicated and I don't recommend using them with backplates, but others have success with them.

I couldn’t find anything I liked. I tried pockets on the belt, but they would move around and make crowd the d-rings.

So I bought this sidemount weight system and put it between the plate and wing. The lower single tank adapter bolt goes thru it so it isn’t going anywhere. Then I put a triglide on either side to keep it tight against the plate.

upload_2020-2-4_16-4-49.jpeg

As tbone shows, you can “fix” the webbing in place by adding a triglide to the back of the plate. As for the weight pockets, put a thicker plastic triglide on the waist strap to hold it back. It is important to orient the triglide as i have pictured because it creates a catch point to keep the pocket belt loop from being able to slip past it. This is how i have my rig as well as student rigs set up and it works well inspite of all the wiggling and don/doff stuff students do.
92AC3E02-4A1E-4B63-BB06-B55AF82A2799.jpeg
AD41B7E0-E444-4483-8766-BA8C9A188742.jpeg
E0707445-CBAC-41D6-A088-415B3166A695.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom