Storing or traveling with your drysuit

The best method for storing or traveling with your drysuit is to leave the zipper:

• OPEN and ROLL the suit into a bag

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • CLOSED and ROLL the suit into a bag

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • OPEN and FOLD the suit into a bag

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • CLOSED and FOLD the suit into a bag

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • OPEN and STUFF the suit into a bag

• CLOSED and STUFF the suit into a big

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTHER ... Specify

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the best method is to leave the zipper open and then hang the dry suit on a nice dry suit hanger but that's not possible in my small NYC home so I fold/roll it as DUI suggests and put it in the dry suit bag. Same with travel. DUI TLS350.

I leave the dry zipper open, but close the overlay zipper, and roll the suit up from the boots like my DUI manual says.

Mike

My Viking manual says to roll it up starting with the boots and place the roll in the bag, it seems a common method.

I rinse it out, hang it dry with the zipper open then roll it up and put it in the bag it came with and store it in a my closet in the house.

Leaving the zipper closed will wear it out. Folding the suit could form a crease.
Keeping it in its bag helps protect it from UV and Ozone.
It is best to put rolled up socks in the wrist seals and a rolled tshirt in the neck seal. A chemical reaction can take place over time which will cause the latex seals to dissolve where they contact each other.

Always leave the zipper open (unless you're diving :D). The best method is to store it laying flat somewhere. I've placed mine on the bed in the spare bedroom. For traveling, roll it from the boots with the zipper to the outside.

It's funny that everyone else's DUI manual says to roll their suit. My (new CF200) manual says to loosely fold it. I had to go double check it this morning to make sure.

D_O_H:
It's funny that everyone else's DUI manual says to roll their suit. My (new CF200) manual says to loosely fold it. I had to go double check it this morning to make sure.

I'm looking at the online PDF instruction manual from DUI (page 49). It's funny... it says to fold it, but the illustration sure looks like it's rolled to me.

LG Diver:
I'm looking at the online PDF instruction manual from DUI (page 49). It's funny... it says to fold it, but the illustration sure looks like it's rolled to me.

I agree, LG. Very strange.

I'm going to loosely fold my suit, but make it look like it's rolled and try no to lose any sleep over it.

Back
Top Bottom