Straits of Mackinac dive charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Can anyone recommend any dive charters out of Mackinac?
We would prefer the south side but any will be welcome

Thanks

There is one on the North side. It called Straits Scuba. I will warn you though. He doesn't like to answer the phone or call back on his messages. I dont have the number for him off hand. I guess a google will bring up something. Like I said Good luck.

Straits SCUBA is a wonderful charter operator. The larger boat is on the North side and the other on the South. Don't worry about North or South as it only takes a couple minutes to go across the bridge. If you can't get thru via the contact info listed on the website Straits Scuba let me know and I'll see if I have another number.

Paula

yesterday a guy from ZZ Underwater World stopped by my shop on the way up there. I questioned if putting a boat in with the Straits ice conditions was smart but they have a group looking for some ice certification training I guess. The Thunder Bay River mouth boat launch here is clear, but not the harbor. With the freighter traffic up at Mackinaw the chunk ice can get pretty deep. Deep enough to take out a prop.

They got my best wishes.

Memorial Day Capt Frank of Great Lakes Dive Charters is up there..for a couple of weekends in a row I think. Home Page

I questioned if putting a boat in with the Straits ice conditions was smart
The Barnum, Minneapolis and Eber Ward all sank in early April after being cut open by ice. Hopefully history won't repeat itself for this enthusiastic bunch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom