Stream of champagne bubbles from first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
For the last four or five dives, my wife has had a small stream of champagne bubbles coming from the bottom of her first stage (the bottom of the cylinder, there's a kind of depressed portion and a seam there -- the bubbles seem to be coming out of that seam). The rate seems to be constant whether she is breathing or not; and it is very small -- unnoticeable unless you look pretty carefully. It's a HOG reg about 50 dives and 1.5 years old.

Here is a pic with the bottom end up.

PA120223.JPG

If we were in the States we'd take it to our local DS and have it looked at, but we live in Bali now and we're on a dive trip in N. Sulawesi. We can have it looked at in Bali, but in the meantime do we need to worry?

Thanks,

Bill & Emily

Why post this in two locations?

Mine just started to do the same thing except mine also inflated the environmental seal until it bulged out over a half inch. It means time for a rebuild. Note if I could just find a class near me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom