Stretching the definition of "lightly used" until transparency is achieved . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

442746-dc3f7a14ce0f463ccfd1acfeec05b4c4.jpg

This looks like a rubber, eaten by mice! Damage to Electrical Cables by Rodents
nibbles.jpg

That's exactly what it was -- rodent damage. We spent some quality time examining the hoses; but, it was limited to the inner mask, which I haven't ever seen . . .

Oh wow, i hope Ebay will help your friend out and ban this guy from selling stuff again.
This is just a disgrace

Oh wow, i hope Ebay will help your friend out and ban this guy from selling stuff again.
This is just a disgrace
If ebay banned all disreputable sellers, they might as well shut the site down.

As others have said, the buyer protections work fairly well. If the guy filed a dispute with ebay/paypal, this seems like a slam dunk... eventually. They do take a LONG time to resolve disputes. Credit card companies (or banks if you use a debit card) are far more responsive and have far fewer hoops. I always recommend contacting your credit card company or bank for charge-backs in an online dispute. It's generally painless to do that, except the $35ish fee.

This is just a disgrace

I don't think there would be any problem having the transaction reversed. The condition was advertized as used, but fully functional, and it was not. eBay dosent look into whether it was an honest mistake or deliberate mislabeling, as it would be time consuming and more a matter of opinion, so they go with just reverse the transaction.

It depends on eBay rules if it is a banning offense to be selling from a foreign country while claiming they are from a US address. In any event, I would insure that the information was included in the complaint.

Bob

One of the issues that he has experienced with the sylphs at eBay, is an unusual gray area, in that the purchase had been made through Paypal Credit (of which, I am unfamiliar); and that that service, he told me, only seems to deal with domestic sales. The poor guy has spent some quality time on the phone, trying to explain, to the geographically challenged, that he had assumed, given the listing, that the purchase had been made through a seller in Lincoln, Nebraska; not Oslo, Norway, just a brief 7000 kilometer jaunt away . . .

Good news. Everything was recently resolved; and my friend is getting reimbursed; bought some of the stuff for parts -- though he is unhappy that most of the toasted bits of the mask, have to be backordered from Sweden . . .

kramer swedish boy - Yahoo Video Search Results

Over a year out from his FleaBay nightmare, I finally had a chance to test my friend's "bargain" basement full-face mask, while on a dive in Carmel, after tuning the second stage, just a bit.

Everything worked well in the shallows and at over thirty meters, near a drop-off. No leaks; no wet or hesitant breathing, even while "standing" on my head.

All said and done, he was only within about two hundred and fifty dollars of buying a new set-up, last year -- after the corroded and rat-eaten parts were backordered from Sweden; the labor and kits that I supplied at cost; his continued headaches with a foreigner who had posed as a US seller; and Paypal's odd reticence about getting involved, even in the face of fraud -- essentially, blaming a buyer, for having, unwittingly, dealt with a EU vendor.

Too much effort, for my tastes; but, in the plus column, my friend claimed he hasn't so much as purchased a mouthpiece from eBay since 2019 . . .

"Midwest" is the correct description. Norway is kinda midwestern Europe! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom