String?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My DSS BP/W came with a small ball of string in the box; what is this for?

When we load line on to the finger spools we sell, it's not uncommon to have odd lengths left over. The big 5 lbs spools we buy the line on also have "random" splices.

Instead of throwing away these bits of #24 line we include it in the harness kits so our users will have something to tie on bolt snaps to backup lights, or primary regulators, or SPG's or Can light heads etc.

#24 "cave line" is sort of the Hogarthian equivalent of duct tape :wink:

If you don't need it right now, keep it, you may in the future.

Tobin

Instead of throwing away these bits of #24 line we include it in the harness kits so our users will have something to tie on bolt snaps to backup lights, or primary regulators, or SPG's or Can light heads etc.

Now, with out being over-dramatic about it, that's almost reason enough to buy DSS gear in and of itself!

The mere fact that you would even think to do so speaks volumes - seriously!

Thanks. I was at a loss and couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was for.

Thanks. I was at a loss and couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was for.

Sort of like when you're done assembling a gas grill and you still have a screw and two nuts left over?

:confused:

Sort of like when you're done assembling a gas grill and you still have a screw and two nuts left over?

:confused:

I always tell my wife they are spares in case I lose one.

Back
Top Bottom