Striped bass dive video in mid long island sound (schools)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squalus357

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Come and dive in a school of Striped Bass in the middle of Long Island Sound! Click the link below to dive BASSY ROCKS in our 91st video! We are working to break 100 video by the end of the season! Subscribe to us on youtube so you don't miss any of the action! Hope you enjoy the BASS!

SQUALUSMARINE.COM: BASSY ROCKS - MID LONG ISLAND SOUND

bass.jpg

I used to have a lot of luck free diving with Stripers off of Scarborough State Beach in RI. The life guards would whistle for us being to far out, but my daughter and I would see them in schools of fifteen to twenty hanging out just off the bottom in ten to fifteen feet of water. They had very little fear of humans and would just mill around. Visibility was usually really good 15+. I did stumble across one small striper near there at a place called Bass Rock RD. [video=youtube;0jbsSTg_Jxk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbsSTg_Jxk[/video]

Back
Top Bottom