Strobe configuration 2x Ikelite DS-160/Aquatica AD800, TTL converter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rameus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since with my last camera my shots were always a bit too bright (Nikon D90 with Ikelite housing and integrated TTL converter and 2x Ikelite DS-160 substrobes) I want to avoid these problems with the new setup.

The new setup includes:
- Nikon D800
- Aquatica AD800 housing
- 2x Ikelite DS-160 strobes (same as before)
- TTL-converter

What would you suggest? Do any of you have experience with similar setups?

Thanks already
thom

I shoot a D7000 with Aquatica housing and two DS-125s. I've tried the TTL converter, but got far better results shooting in manual, both camera and strobes. It takes a little getting used to, but the results are far better. If I'm shooting in rapidly changing light considtions, I'll sometimes use shutter priority.

I've tried the TTL converter, but got far better results shooting in manual, both camera and strobes. It takes a little getting used to, but the results are far better. If I'm shooting in rapidly changing light considtions, I'll sometimes use shutter priority.

thanks for that one already. so what settings do you use on the camera regarding the flash? on my camera i have tons of different settings about maximal flash speed, shutter delay when using flash, etc. did you do anything there? what setting of "intensity" (1-4) do you put your strobes on?
thanks

thom

I am shooting a Nikon D7000 in a Aquatica with 2x DS161 (I shoot without TTL). Having an image too bright can come from many different reason. It could simply your shooting a high ISO or having a setting no suitable to the lens your using.

Maybe if you can provide an list of the lenses your using with your new setup or provide a photo with its settings to show us why your images are brighter and give us a better idea of helping you out.

Regards Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom