Strobe fiber adapter compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vinsanity

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've gotten myself super confused about the different strobe fibers out there. I have an refurbished Olympus TG-4 + corresponding PT-056 housing on the way. Now I want to add a used strobe that I can get a good deal on.

I have a bead on a Sealife SL961 for about $100, but looking at the flash adapter (PFCA-02) adapter the housing comes with, they are very different. The SL961 comes with a universal adapter (SL96202), but I have no idea how to stick it onto my housing.

Olympus has their UFL line of flashes, but the fibers are another $100. I'd know it fits though. Some of the Sea & Sea are supposed to be compatible, but I see several different connector types on Sea & Sea units so I can't even tell which ones.

Do these connectors have names? What is the best way to find out which flashes are compatible with this housing? Are there so few that if they look the same, it must be? :(

I was able to at least figure out enough for my needs. Looks like the newest Sea Dragon flashes come with a 7mm plug adapter (SL96307) which is designed to fit Olympus, some Sea & Sea strobes, and some others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom