Strobe for Canon G11 with Canon WP-DC34 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How does the Fiber optic cable attach? I have a G-10 and S&S strobe and it attaches to the Fisheye FIX with a neat little screw in thingie int he flash window. Thinking of moving up to the G11 and the Canon housing (to save money. The FIX housing is great but too expensive)

You attach it to the front of the case over the area where the flash is. Reef Photo sells a little kit for $20 (I think) that comes with what you need to do this. I am going to guess that it is similar to the masking setup S&S uses.

There's a little plastic block with 2 small holes drilled through it. You get the plugs for the holes that you can run the cable through and the block simply attaches to the housing through a velcro setup. The 2 holes are for those that want to use 2 strobes.

It really is an easy setup and can be removed and put onto another housing if you change over camera/housing outfits later.

Also, to help block off the internal flash I also taped unexposed but developed slide transparency over the camera's flash. The flash still goes off and send the reading to the camera and strobe but the light from the flash will not have any effect on the shot.

I used to shoot slides and had a roll left. The camera store was kind enough to develop it for me for free. :)

I keep it with my underwater photo stuff that I bring with me on trips in case I need to replace the one I have on my camera. I use electrical tape to secure it.

I wouldn't stress over it though.... you can also get infrared film from Reef Photo as well or on ebay and use that... just costs a little more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom