strobe for fuji e900/cheap sea & sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I don't think this will work with your camera. They make 3 different versions of the YS60. The one you're looking at is probably the YS60ttl-s, with a built in electronic sync cord for a 4 pin sea & sea connection. They also have the YS60ttl-n with a Nikonos 5 pin connector and the YS60ttl DUO which I think does both electronic and optical slave ttl. If your Fuji has a hotshoe and IF a ttl converter is available for it (Heinrichs/Weikamp would be the most likely supplier) you would need a bulkhead on your housing for a Sea & Sea or Nikonos sync cord. I think if you came up with a YS60ttl duo, you can use a fiber optic cord from your cameras flash.

The e-900 needs a newer strobe, there is no hotshoe. Min would be a YS90DX.

It would work great with one of the newer YS27DX or YS110 lighting packages that are on my website. You'll also need arms and a tray if you don't have them.

Jack

hi everyone

i can get this strobe on ebay for little or nothing, would it work with my e900, im only starting out and i dont have much money to spend on a strobe so im trying to keep costs down, i have the ikelite housing

Sea & Sea Motor Marine Motormarine II EX YS60TTL
this is the link for the e bay page if it helps to give me an answer

eBay.ie: Sea & Sea Motor Marine Motormarine II EX YS60TTL Strobe (item 250256768657 end time 18-Jun-08 01:02:45 BST)

UW photography and keeping costs down are not terms that are compatible. Looks like you're new to both diving and UW shooting. By your basic certification status, you'll probably be doing only shallow diving. Unless you absolutely MUST have a strobe, wait until you can get a good one. If you're diving 25-30 ft. reefs, like in Key Largo for example, you'll get a good amount of ambient light and I assume you have in-camera flash. Just get you a good color correction filter for the Ikelite housing and start there. Will you get those incredible shots you see on SB? No, but you'll certainly get some pictures you'll be happy with. IMO, if you don't have the funds, it's best to go slow, research what you need and what will work, buy good gear, and slowly build your system.

hi everyone

i can get this strobe on ebay for little or nothing, would it work with my e900, im only starting out and i dont have much money to spend on a strobe so im trying to keep costs down, i have the ikelite housing

Sea & Sea Motor Marine Motormarine II EX YS60TTL
this is the link for the e bay page if it helps to give me an answer

eBay.ie: Sea & Sea Motor Marine Motormarine II EX YS60TTL Strobe (item 250256768657 end time 18-Jun-08 01:02:45 BST)

----------------------------------------------------
You need the heinrichweikamp digital adapter 2.
All info you need is here:
HeinrichsWeikamp GbR

It works pretty good. You'll probably pay more for the adapter than the strobe ;-)

Cheers

thanks for all the advice guys, im actually living in ireland so i will need a strobe that will be still usefull in mucky green irish seas

which of the 2 is the best and better to use with another camera in the future if i upgrade??

YS27DX or YS110

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom