Strobe pointer light.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reidman

Registered
Reaction score
I want to use a light such as the Q40 Plus or a laser pointer to help position my strobe.
With a light mounted on the strobe I will always know where its pointed. My questions are as follows. Will either light show up in my pictures? I have heard it both ways.
I have also read that the new LED Q40 is better then the old type as there is no bright spot to scare fish or reflect.
I have not tried it yet but plan to. Please advise if you have tried this and the results.
Thank You

Another question I was thinking of using the pointer light also to measure distance. If it is aligned with the strobe and I set the strobe to 3 feet on the arm, then what the light shines on level with the viewfinder should be 3 feet correct? I am going to test this above and below the water. I am only concerned with 2 to 6 feet. Over 6 I set to Infinity anyway. Since I have to set my focus this would help judge the distance.

What sort of strobe are you using? My Inon D180's have a modeling light that turns off when you take the picture.

Brent

Back
Top Bottom