strobe vs flash for DC2000?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The difference between "strobe" and "flash" is pretty much same as the difference between "car" and "automobile".

Instead of a flash/strobe, you may want to consider starting out with the camera and the SeaLife Sea Dragon 2500 light combo, which is what I started out with. Gives you the advantage of continuous light for video, photography and a dive light for night diving/ illuminating the reef during the day. I have been very pleased with the results. Example found here: https://www.amazon.com/SeaLife-DC20...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070138221120&psc=1

Wouldn't it be difficult to get macro shots with only 1 arm with the flash?

Naw, that's my wife's preferred method. Makes a smaller package to carry around and she's learned to use the shadows to advantage.

Wouldn't it be difficult to get macro shots with only 1 arm with the flash?
You be the judge

Spanish Shawl Nudibranch with eggs
upload_2018-12-8_9-15-38.png

upload_2018-12-8_9-18-0.png

upload_2018-12-8_9-18-56.png

upload_2018-12-8_9-21-16.png

Looks excellent! My only concern is having to spend more money down the road in upgrading to a dual tray system with strobe and flash. It seems to make more sense to just buy the pro duo set in the first place? Idk, I'm unsure.
Probably what I would have done if I had it to do over again. You can always buy the dual tray and one of the lights for now and get the 2nd light when you can afford to.

Probably what I would have done if I had it to do over again. You can always buy the dual tray and one of the lights for now and get the 2nd light when you can afford to.

That's the plan!

Thanks for the comments.
Just bought a refurbished DC2000. Can't wait for my next dive trip!

Back
Top Bottom