strobes for ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunkarm,

I know you were debating on which housing (Ikelite or Olympus PT-030). When you chose Ikelite, they didn't tell you that you are basically married to them if you want everything to work easily. So, not only did you pay more for the housing (which it is a very sturdy and well built housing) but now you pretty much have to pay their high prices for their strobes if you want it to work nicely.

Of course, based on my latest findings, the Inon Z-240 strobe is not an option with the SP-350 in the PT-030 housing with HW converter either, so you are down to Sea & Sea at that point which do work very nicely.

Basically, Ikelite housing and strobes or PT-030 Housing with Sea & Sea strobes. :wink:

rjsimp, u r right, i am married now to ike. Unfortunately the sea and sea is not capable for ike's ttl housing. And also the price is not much different between the DS125 and the sea and sea 90 strobes.

the difference between the 2 sp350's housing is about US$100 only down here in Indonesia. plus ike's give int.warranty as this is important down here.

thanks again for your info n advise

Sunkarm,

Here there is a bigger price difference, but in any case; since you went with Ikelite, don't give up now - go all the way and make it work right.. :wink: Especially if the prices are the same basically there.

Correct, sorry I missed the part that you were using ttl with ikelite housing. They are great strobes but are expensive!

rjsimp:
Of course, based on my latest findings, the Inon Z-240 strobe is not an option with the SP-350 in the PT-030 housing with HW converter either...

Don't you mean the ttl doesn't work? I thought the strobes themselves worked just fine in manual mode?

I understand that you wanted the ttl to work and it doesn't.

well at least with this housing and sp350 i don't need to use the internal flash to trigger the strobe. saving battery and reduce heat in the housing. keeping in mind that the ikelite housing 6132.35 comes with the arm and tray which cost about US$50, 20more meters deeper capability, international warranty and already has cord to put onto the hotshoe (i heard pt030 doesn't provide this cord).

Back
Top Bottom