Strobes that work with the RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be using two Inon z-240 & a Nauticam housing with my Rx100.

I am very happy with my YS-D1... I originally ordered just one for my trip to Dominica and promptly ordered a second. Now my rig is complete!

Sony RX100
Nauticam NA-RX100 housing
2 x Sea & Sea YS-D1 strobe
Light & Motion Sola 1200 photo/video light
Ultralight handle and arms

I also ordered the Bluewater Photo WA-110 wide angle, Dyron +7 macro lens... And I got it all from Scott at Bluewater Photo, Video & Underwater Cameras! Fantastic service!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8324/8427835611_4cbbfe1b65_c.jpg

That is exactly what i am looking for to get later this year. I'd love if you could show up some pics with this setup. Too bad the guys @ Bluewater doesn't answer my e-mails, especially since i have only heard good from them.

Oh, and by the way: Did you have to order the flotation arms extra or did they come in the package?

I ordered 3 extra 5" ultra light arms, the ultra light handle extension + additional handle, a set of floats and extra YS-D1 strobe after I bought the package advertised at Bluewaterphoto... I highly recommend two strobes over 1. The floats are also necessary for balance underwater...

Thanks for the reply. How many floats do you reckon i would need for balance?

The rx100 in nauticam housing is 170 grand negative the tray and one handle around 170 too
Weights for ultralight arms and clamps are on their website
You are probably looking at least to 500-600 negative and if you have a lens holder you can only put floats on one segment
My rx100 rig with two sola 1200 and locline arms needs 4 jumbo floats to be neutral

My rx100 rig with two sola 1200 and locline arms needs 4 jumbo floats to be neutral

Something like the Stix jumbo floats? I'm trying to estimate how negative my rig will be...
Rx100, Nauticam housing, two strobes, couple wet lenses on a holder or two, focus light, etc

thanks!

Thanks. I have two packs of four floats on the way, found on here in the classifieds at a good price :)

will the ys-110 (non alpha model) work with the rx100?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom