Strobes that work with the RX100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a photo of my RX100 setup that my friend took recently in Truk Lagoon. System worked well. I am currently using one Sea and Sea YSD1 and an older Nikonis SB 105 in slave mode. Hope to add another YSD1. Using Nauticam tray and smaller arms with floats. Seemed comfortable to handle, but still negative.
Hoki Maru. Fujikawa Maru 083.jpg

I May get ANOTHER pair of 5 inch segments. With the addition of two floats, as you suggested, it would definitely be helpful.

Last edited:
Yes, 3 inch and 5 inch. I'll have to see about squeezing on another float on each of the 5 inch segments. When I tried, at first, they seemed to rub and interfere. OR get another set of 5 inch segments.

Last edited:
Two strobes made such a difference to wide angle shots. I loved using the focus light that Sea & Sea's YS-01 has to illuminate those macro creatures hiding in dark crevices. It really helped the camera to focus much faster and produce better results. As much as I absolutely loved my INON S-2000, I really missed not having a focusing light. Here's a photo taken with two strobes to produce wonderful lighting on either side of this grouper.Grouper with Sweepers small.jpg

Yes, I love that shot! Now, is that grouper with its own young or enjoying a snack?
When I was using the aiming light during a night dive, it wasn't aiming directly at the subject because I was aiming the strobe in such a way as not to blow out the subject. I'm thinking of adding a smaller, dedicated aiming light on the shoe at some point. It may help, but would probably have to be aimed at a slightly downward angle to help light the subject and assist focus.

Hehehe :)

Thanks for making me smile ... I think it may just be snack time and Mr Grouper is checking out which one of these glassfish would be the most yummie :)

Have a lovely weekend and happy shooting!

maria

Does anyone know if the Ikelite DS-160 or DS-161 is compatible with the RX-100 in a Nauticam housing? I'm looking at it as a possibility instead of the YS-D1...

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom