Stuff to wear in Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laban

Reaction score
I am going to Sharm el Sheik in the end of March. Six day live aboard diving Thistlegorm, Dunraven, Carnatic, Giannis D and more. Three dives a day, most of them to 20-30m.

I have a full length 5 mm wetsuit (Waterproof Aquazor) but I wonder if this is enough? Do I need more? A hood? I'm a quite "warm" person.

Thanks for your advice

and I wore a 7mm and was roasting - I too am a "warm" person! In fact we were just talking this morning that another couple of degrees and it will be T shirt weather..... Forecast for today was 12 degrees - don't know if it was, I've been stuck in the office all day with system problems!

I think 5mm will do you just fine - you might want to take a lite hood if you're going in some of those wrecks especially when you get pushed out of the way on that melee called Thistlegorm....

Jonathan

Jonathan, thanks for the from-site input! I'll go with the 5 mm and get a hood. BTW, do you mean that there will be other people at Thistlegorm while I dive it? :)

/Laban

we actually voted not to dive the Thistlegorm! The skipper was very surprised....

Haven't dived dunraven since my 15th (roughly) dive 3.5 years ago.... I do like Abu Nuhas (sorry about the spelling).

Don't forget to let us know how you get on...

Cheers
Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom