STUPID ME...How do I get DRAK to work??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evac93rd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a PUCK wrist that works fine, I purchased a cable, down-loaded the latest DRAK software onto my PC and when I went looking for the manual...surprise...no instructions in the box in the program or on your website. I finally figured out how to get the dives transferred and the transfers of 4 dives were confirmed. 2 that I made and what I imagine are 2 sample dives.

I cannot get any of the dives to register on the display screen, I cannot name or rename a logbook and I can only get the 2 sample dives to show up in the report section.

When I contacted your online help section on the MARES website by email, I was told that all my questions could be found in the interactive section of your website. As there is not a section labeled "THE BLASTED SOFTWARE WON'T WORK" and as my email corespondent would not answer my polite request for more help, I went to my LDS, East Atlanta Divers in Covington, GA. They had no experience with the DRAK software as they have just recently become dealers but they were somewhat less than enthusiastic in their opinion of the help that they had received dealing with your company in the short time that they have been dealers.

Now I realize that I am just one customer, but this is my 1st MARES product and I that when compared to ScubaPro and Sherwood I must admit that so far, I am less than impressed with both the software and the customer service attitude.

Perhaps I need to install an older version of the software, perhaps it is merely a faulty install, perhaps 12 years of grade school, 4 years of university, 4 years of medical school, 2 years of graduate school and 5 years of surgical residency and 20 years of private practice are not enough to be able to understand the operation of the DRAK software. I just think that a little more help than a recommendation to check the FAQ's would have been a more appropriate response.

Scott J. Michael

Scott,

Please forward in a Private Message your contact info. I will request Scott Cook our technical service manager give you a call to work through your issues. I'm not sure if you were emailing Italy CS or our U.S. office. I am quite certain Scott will be able happy to offer as much assistance as you need.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom