stupid oven!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pennypue:
Ken, you are my favorite whiner. I nearly pee my pants when you start pissin' and moanin'. I'd love to be your neighbor.........try to peeve you off at least ONCE a week!!!

Take a number. There are lots of people trying to p-me off, hon.

:10:

Ken

Why not do what most men would do?

Go out and buy yourself that new oven, complete with every bell and whistle (if bells and whistles come with stoves), have it delivered, and then when he finally notices, beg for forgiveness.....

For what its worth - I had the same problem. The burners are adjustable, it just seems the knowledge is not there for you or I to play with.
I had mine adjusted about 2.5 years ago, and I think it was only around $100..... 2.5 years ago seems so far away, yet it doesn't.....

SS

Mo2vation:
Take a number. There are lots of people trying to p-me off, hon.

:10:

Ken

I'd be willing to just stand there and watch.
Would if peeve you off even more if I were laughing? :laughing:

Justin699:
You baked stuff when going to dinner that a professional chef would be at?? Seems like the equivalent of the students picking out a wetsuit for the instructor during checkout dives.

He did the gravy, which I am horrible at.... And we weren't sure if he would show up at all..

Thanks, everyone, for making me laugh :D I'm going to call that repairman now, hubby be darned.

cowprintrabbit:
He did the gravy, which I am horrible at.... And we weren't sure if he would show up at all..

Thanks, everyone, for making me laugh :D I'm going to call that repairman now, hubby be darned.
Don't forget to UNPLUG it first!!!!!! (or turn off the gas) :crafty:

I'm sure that your pies came out fine. Remember that you are probably your own worst critic.

I've had problems with ovens in the past. The repairman installed a new thermostat. It wasn't particularly expensive, and the oven worked well enough, until it died, utterly and completely, on Thanksgiving Day 3 years ago when we were hosting the dinner.

Northeastwrecks:
I'm sure that your pies came out fine. Remember that you are probably your own worst critic.

I've had problems with ovens in the past. The repairman installed a new thermostat. It wasn't particularly expensive, and the oven worked well enough, until it died, utterly and completely, on Thanksgiving Day 3 years ago when we were hosting the dinner.

That's my thought, it's electric and that's probably the first point of failure. All this technology, and I bet it's still that coily bimetal strip... If only I could get in there and fix it...

It was a hinge out of whack! My oven is in a funny corner, so I couldn't see that when the door was closed, the bottom of the oven had about a 3/4 inch gap at all times. Back to normal now :D

cowprintrabbit:
My oven keeps getting worse and worse (can't hold a temperature)- it's worse today than ever, and I don't think my Tday pies are going to turn out right *growl*

I know this probably belongs in Scuba chef, but what really ticks me off is hubby dearest won't let me call a repairman. "We'll just wait till it dies, sweetie, then you can have the new double oven you want."

What about all the burned, undercooked (yes, it's simultaneously possible) inedible, sorry excuse for food it turns out in the meantime? I have to take these pies to my sister's house tomorrow, and there will be food critic and a professional chef there!

Oh come on now...stop blaming the oven.... lol..

cowprintrabbit:
It was a hinge out of whack! My oven is in a funny corner, so I couldn't see that when the door was closed, the bottom of the oven had about a 3/4 inch gap at all times. Back to normal now :D

You are replacing the countertops with granite, redoing the cabinets, can't get the copper splash and Dave's not springing for a new oven? As long as it's not avocado green Ok then, but you got to learn how to bargain better. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom